REMINDER:  When including the message you are replying to, please delete
the line addressing that message to the list.  The listserver reads that
line, decides it has discovered a 'looping' message and sends it to me as
an error message.  Barb

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 19:48:03 -0400
From: judith guttman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re:      Re: Hello

I think it's time to get a second opinion. A year is a long time and
Sinemet is definitely not a drug to play with. Your doctor seems to
imply that it's your fault that the drug he prescribed hasn't
worked. There are other drugs, and, if it's early PD, no drugs is an
option.
I believe you might also want to have a second opinion on the
diagnosis of your father with PD. Apparently this is an easy disease
to misdiagnose, and one of the signs of misdiagnosis is that Sinemet
doesn't work. (It's my understanding that it usually makes a
noticeable difference for someone who really has PD.)
I'm not a doctor. This is stuff I've read because I've had similar
problems with the treatment of my Mom.

<---- Begin Included Message ---->