Our doctor informed us that a new medication is now available that can help
persons who drool.  The drug, atropine sulfate 0.4 mg tablets, is indicated
to reduce salivation and is administered every 6 hours as needed.

He mentioned that he is careful in prescribing this drug to persons of our
advanced age because of its contraindications and potential side effects.
Nevertheless, for those whom the benefits exceed the potential risks, he said
relief may occur because the salivary glands are reportedly very sensitive to
this drug.

Its helpful to be aware of new ways to treat this vexing problem. I would
appreciate your thoughts.  Thank you.