Pat:

Your comments about melatonin are most interesting.  I would like to know
which PD drugs your doctor felt would interfer with melatonin.  I am unaware
of any and I am on eldepryl, sinemet, permax and paxil.

Your story of giving the drug to your mother, reminds me of Erica Proserpi in
Sacramento.  Her husband is 73 and has had PD for 23 years.  I May of 1993 he
had a pallidotomy in Sweden the week after mine.  She called me sometime ago
and I taped her.   This is what she said about her husband's pallidotomy:

"When we go someplace, I always had to allow a half hour or an hours time to
get him ready.  Well, I don't have to do that any more.  I tell you what I
don't have to do so you know how good he does.  He walks much easier.  He
walks twice a day.  He didn't do any walking for a whole year.  Not even to
the mailbox.  It was such an effort for him to drag himself out there.

"Another thing he does at night.  Like I said, for years, I had to get up,
for years, 2 or 3 times average, sometimes 4 times, to get him in or out of
bed.  I don't do that at all.  Since he is home (from Sweden), I SLEEP.  So,
I tell everybody, my husband had to go to Sweden so his wife can sleep at
night."

Regards,
Alan