-- [ From: Donna Kipp * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I recently met a lady who had had a Thalamotomy 2 years ago and is
continuing to have a wonderful reprieve from her tremor and
rigidity.Before the operation she had been totally housebound  because
she was unable to tolerate the meds. She is now almost symptom free and
her quality of life has been completely restored.
I am wondering about the drawbacks of this surgery. I assume the stroke
or bleed possibilities are the same. What about  side affects are they
the same as the Palliodotmy, scotoma, speech problems limb weakness.
Does this operation have a better track record?
I really enjoyed seeing Dr. Kelly's picture and article in Parade.
                       Donna