Dear John Cottingham:

I am not always enthusiastic about downloading some huge treatise from this
PD list, but I must admit your scan of work done by Mark Stacy MD, and H.
James Brownlee MD, is worth downloading.  The more "how to" articles re
Parkinson's the better.  Some of us live in the boonies and might be the only
PD patient the  local general practitioner has.  Articles such as this one
surely do bring "partners of our Parkinson's Quest" together.

Now we need an expert (from actual experience or observation) to get on this
SSRI (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor) question.  Prozac - Paxil -
Zoloft, are SSRI antidepressants.  Some doctors say a SSRI should be in the
local water supply.  Others say parkinsonians shouldn't use SSRI's as they
exacerbate PD symptoms.  What's the latest word.  Also, what is the
difference between Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft.

I, personally would like to hear from  someone  who treats PD patients who
also suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome.  I've read articles from the  RLS
Foundation but their patients don't have PD.  I have a sense, from all I've
read, that Dr. Sheryl Waters, a neurologist in California has had some
success dealing with patients who have both.  She is one of the few who know
that RLS and Akathisia are not one and the same disorder although they share
some of the same symptoms.

To quote a message I received today - this PD list is "amazing for the length
and breadth of users and information.  It is a real education in itself, and
demonstrates the real power of an open communications system across the
world!!"

Amen.

Barbara Yacos, RN