A member of our support group asks the following question, and hopes to have
suggestions from the experience of other "parkies"--
Is there any way to relieve or reduce the severe muscle spasms he gets
when he is coming off a dose of Sinemet?(He takes 25/250  4Xa day.)For
example, on awakening in the A.M., his jaw aill clamp shut,painfully, and
it is only with difficulty he can drink/swallow his meds.If he gets down
a pill and a cookie, it takes about 20-25 minutes to return to "normal".
These spasms happen at other times, and he figures he loses about an hour a day
because of them.  He asks, "What can I do to relieve this condition?" Anyone
have a suggestion?
Camilla Flintermann, Oxford,OH support group