I have seen many messages regarding all of the Parkinsons' Foundations
and how they sometimes work against eachother...There seem to be a
suggestion there should be consolidation.

This is the WORST thing that could happen if we want progress:

SINGLE approach works where a specific path and goal are clear...there is
no clear goal except the diffuse "objective" of a "cure".  We do not know
what path (surgery, medication, genetics, vacine, ???) will lead to
cure/prevention/diminishment/??.  We are all hoping for progress and some
hope is out there, but what items or combination of items will work is
not known.  There are many groups of sufferers, young, old, rich, poor,
all over the country, each needs a forum/advocate...we need the diversity
to help us all.

This forum (THANKS BARBERA!) and the coordinated fund raisers are the
best form of cooperation we as sufferers/caregivers can force upon the
various organizations...This gives them a dialog base even when they have
opposing approaches.  There is a need for duplication of effort - first
it ensures that a "blind alley" really is blind and there is no
"confounding element" that mislead the researcher and if it is public
service/education that all PD'ers are covered.

THANKS - Colman Mullin

Wendy, Nancy, Debbie or Colman Mullin