My Father is 65 years old, on Sinemet, Eldepryl, Artane and Lodosyn,
in his 11 year with PD.  He lives in Guatemala and is treated at
the Parkinson Foundation in Miami, FL.

He recently had a total knee replacement done.  Two operations with
general anesthesia were necessary.  He was very disoriented for two
weeks after that- even violent, throwing stuff at my Mother, spinning
paranoid tales, hallucinating, and screaming.

He got much worse when a doctor prescribed a pain medication, Dorixine.

Have any of you experienced similar problems?

BTW, I have just subscribed to this group and I wish to congratulate
everybody for being so actively involved in the discussions!

Grete

Grete Pasch  =  [log in to unmask]  = Tel/Fax: 1(512)794 3872
P.O.Box 26752  * Austin, TX 78755-0752 * Estados Unidos de Norteamerica
------------- "To~ estudando pra' saber ignorar" (Tom Ze'--------------