What does one do when they suspect they may have PD and their GP will not
send them to a neurologist. I live Halifax Nova Scotia Canada and you just
can't  walk into a neurologist's office here. My sysmptoms are very stiff
arms, there are times I refer to them as dead arms I no feeling in them and
they feel like lead.  After my third child was born I noticed the craving of
sugars the sweeter the better and it didn't matter what time of day.
Headaches, I used to take Tyenol # 3 but have found out I have an allergy to
cocdine (which isn't pleasant).  The last couple of years when I wake up in
the morning I feel like I have been on a drunk for days, but after a couple
of hours it not so bad. That is if I slept.  My grandmother, my second
cousin both have PD, they tell it isn't heritdary.  Is that so?  Can you get
an early jump on PD, or should I just sit and wait and let my GP decide.  I
might add I have a son with Addison's and have since learnt to do my
research. Which tends to annoy some in the medical profession.  I hope
someone has an answer   Thanks
Debbie