Just a quick note for those members of the list are able to connect to the
Internet through
Telnet or the World Wide Web (WWW). The Nova Scotia Division, Parkinson
Foundation of Canada Home Page has been moved from my own homepage to the
Health,
Fitness and Recreation page of the Chebucto Community Net (CFN) here in
Halifax, Nova
Scotia.  While designed primarily for Parkinsonians in Atlantic Canada, I
will be putting a
variety of materials, including contributions from this very important list
as well as links to
other Parkinson sites as they develop.

If you can use Telnet, telnet cfn.cs.dal.ca (or telnet 129.173.24.90). Login
as "guest" and
you will come to CFN's Home Page. Look for the *Health,  Fitness and
Recreation* link.
When you click on that link, you will be in a new menu where the Nova Scotia
Division is
listed.

If you have access to the WWW and have a browser like Mosaic or Netscape,
you can go
directly to the Nova Scotia Division Home Page by using our URL:

        http://www.cfn.cs.dal.ca/Health/NSPF/nsd-pfc.html

There is also a link to the Nova Scotia Division Home Page on the
Massachusetts General
Hospital, Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery Home Page, Jeffrey Kaye's
Parkinson
Disease Information Center and in *Canadian Sites* in Canada's HealthNet.

As time goes on, I think access to all Parkinson Internet sites will become
fairly easy. If
you have a freenet in your area, join it and, in most cases, you should gain
access to the
Internet no matter what commercial provider you have now. Freenets are
committed to
defending public access to information and I urge everyone to support them.
The world, in
electronic terms especially, is changing by the hour and even by the minute.

As everyone already acknowledges (but it bears repeating), thanks, Barbara,
for initiating
and developing this now quite essential communication tool.

Best to all,

Peter
Peter J. Kidd
Learning Materials Consulting Services
Phone & Fax: (902) 443-4262
Email: [log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
http://www.cfn.cs.dal.ca/~aa163/peterkidd.html