A major bombing occurred in Oklahoma City, OK at the Federal Office
Building, about 9:00 AM CDT.

Authorities believe it was a terrorist attack by car bombing aimed at
the US government. During the business day from 500 to 900 people are in the
building including a day care center for federal employees.

The federal building was a 9 story structure that contained courts, Internal
Revenue, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearm, and Social Security offices. Its
location was in the downtown business district.

As of 5 hour later, over 200 have been treated in 7 hospitals, 30 bodies have
been found.  The loss of life is expected to exceed the World Trade Center
bombing. The FBI has issued an alert for 3 individuals of Middle Eastern
descent who were seen near the car that is alledged to have carried 900 to
1000 pounds of explosives.

Rescue efforts have been hampered by the discovery of other unexploded devices
in the rubble. One third of the building "pancaked 9 floors into one. Some
survivors described how they were at their desks, hearing and feeling the
glass from the explosion and then looking around only to discover that their
co-workers and their part of the floor had disappeared.

The FBI which had offices in another part of Okla. City, evacuated their
building and conducted a search shortly after this disaster.

Agents from the ATF and Oklahoma City were involved in the Branch Davidian
Massacre in Waco, TX, two years ago to the day.  The Branch Davidians have
denied their involvement in this attack.

I am alive and well. Elsewhere in Oklahoma City, the State of Oklahoma  and
the nation is in shock.

Immenient stormy weather is going to further complicate the rescue and test
the training of our rescue forces looking for survivors.

I had intended to go to the medical library this afternoon, but the governor
has sent all no essential state employees this afternoon.

More later.

John Cottingham                     [log in to unmask]