Barb -

I completely agree with you.  I did not mention that the requests
for participation in research projects that I have received had
come through the mail; I never received any phone calls.
Organizations may not be under any rules governing
confidentiality as hospitals are.  Maybe it is up to each local
PD chapter?  I think the phone call, from the information you
gave to me, was in bad taste.  What exactly was this woman
told -- that she could come in and be evaluated for a research
project?  Or was it more like an MD telling her she needed to
come in and be evaluated for health reasons?  I would be
interested in knowing exactly how this was presented.

A letter clearly explaining what the group was intending to do
and where they got the person's address from may have been
more appropriate, but I agree that this information should have
remained confidential in the first place.  Only the person's primary
physician should have called a patient directly about any type of
research or procedure.  Sounds like this group is a little
over-anxious to jump on the pallidotomy bandwagon.

Wendy