oops I guess I am not suppose to send this to the list server?  I hope this
is right??

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: [log in to unmask] (Lyle Tweedy S.O.S Support On Site Inc.)
>Subject: Hello Everyon
>

>Hi there
>
>        My name is Lyle Tweedy, this is the first list server I have ever
subscribed to so please bear with me as I orient myself to how it all works.
I was asked to send an intro to everyone which also gives me a chance to
exprees my questions and opinions.

>I have joined this service to find out more about parkinsons as my father
has had it for about 10 years now and although he has been fortunate enough
to experience very little degridation in the past I fear he is starting to
accelerate in his decline of health.  In the past two years parkinsons has
moved from what seemed to be a mild tremour in his right side (mostly arm)
to gradualy aflicting his right leg and most recently in his left side and
facial and neck areas.  He seems to be handling PD very well through this
experience but 2 years ago developed a rather large kidney stone which
doctors have attempted to remove around 8 times through microsurgery(I think
that is what it is called) and only in the last couple of weeks have had
success.  Needless to say he has been dealing with alot of pain and with all
the bleeding from the surgery and since he has been unable to sleep at night
for 2 or 3 months know, he is totaly frustrated and stressed out.  He also
has devloped, I think it started a year ago, a sensation in his right leg
which he terms as a numbness.  And to top it all off he now has the
sensation of thousands of bugs crawling under the skin of his shoulders and
upper arms.  I apologize for being so graphic but he is at wits end and I
fear he is even slowly having suicidal tendancies.  The doctors have given
him various types of sleeping pills all of which do not work and finally my
wife and I did what we know we should not have but gave him a sleeping pill
of my wifes to try.  He tryed it (restoril) and finnaly was able to sleep.
Unfortunatly this only lasted 2 or 3 days.  We also let him try an Ativan
which is a type of tranquilizer as we thought he may be having panic attacks
and we both have had experiences with anxiety as my wife has suffered from
anxiety and depression for 2 years.  The ativan was a life saver for him.
He was at the hieght of this awfull feeling and tryed one and felt great and
was able to sleep one of his few complete nights.  He imediatly called the
doctor to discuss Ativan and was told that they were far to dangerous and he
subscribed nozinan instead, which upon investigating I found out that it has
a side affect of Parkinsonism tremours in the face and also reduces the
effectiveness of antiparkinism drugs.  Am over reacting by thinking this
doctor is not understanding the pain and frustration of my father and not
doing everything he could?  Has anyone else experience things I described
above?  Does anyone have suggestions for what can be done to help.  I am of
the understanding that Ativan is mainly dangerous because of its high
dependancy level, and I am of the feeling that my father is 77 years old and
does not have all the time in the world and should be allowd to enjoy his
days as much as possible.

>I thank you all in advance for any advice you have to offer or experiences
to share.  I hope this was the correct forum and time to voice my
frustrastions and concern.  Please feel free to send me email directly or
via the list server.

>Lyle Tweedy ([log in to unmask])
>Ottawa, Canada

WhatUp coming to a web in your hood....stay tuned