A patient of mine called me today to report that someone from
Stanford had asked her to come in to be evaluated for pallidotomy.
She was very upset , thinking that I had given her number to them.
If anyone fromthe Stanford program reads this ,I want you to
know that I do not agree with this mechanism of recruiting patints.
This is not appropriate and possibly unethical. I feel patients
need to be evaluated by a neurologist who works with an experienced
surgeon. Patient lists should not be perused for possible candidates.
I would like to hear from others on the list about this issue.