The Delmarva newsletter piece by Will Johnston that was forwarded by Bob
Fink was very interesting to me.  I would like to hear the rationale's
from each of the PD association exec's as to why some level of unity isn't
desired. It sounds like fear of loss of influence, etc.  Now could be a good
time to put some pressure on from the environs.  I suspect that a third party
is going to be necessary, someone with the stature of Sen Udall, to take
on the negotiation of common ground among the organizations.  Perhaps the
little people, like most of us, could indicate to the various national
organizations that we will cut our contribution in half this year, and send
half to Parkinson Action Network.  If we all did that, it should get their
attention and maybe some serious consideration.
        It is possible, but difficult.  I witnessed the coming together of
SANE and FREEZE awhile back; it took awhile and some good active work on
getting the common details worked out./
        I am curious if many of you out there are concerned about this.
                Bob Newbrough