Hello all,
I recently joined the list and would like to introduce myself:
Rami Kaminski MD.  I am a psychiatrist who specializes in pharmacology of
brain disorders.  In addition to my role as director of inpatient unit at
Mount Sinai Hospital I am also the consultant to the Parkinson Clinic there
(Run by Drs. Yahr and Olanow).
My main interest is an aspect of Pakinson's disease that has gained renewed
attention in recent years (Although described in 1817 by Dr. Parkinson in his
famous manuscript.) It is commonly termed bradyphrenia (No relation to
schizophrenia!) and it has little to do with the motor symptoms of
Parkinson's disease.  Rather, it is the decrease of motivation and
willingness to engage in everyday activities that some patients experience.
 It is different from depression (although on the surface appears similar and
entails some diagnostic testing to differentiate.)  It also does not respond
(or poorly so) to the common dopamine agonist treatment.  Most recent
research indicate that this amotivational syndrome is probably not related to
the dopamine deficiency that underlie the motor  symptoms.  That in brief is
what I do in terms of my work with Parkinson's disease.  I hope to learn from
the list and its contributors.

Rami Kaminski
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine
New York