Hey Everyone,

I'd like to apaoplogize for the confusion I've caused concerning the
computer virus "Good Times". I down loaded the information from my
email a few days ago and I really thought it would be useful for all
of us. I am amazwd that so many of you have responded to this...wow.

Yesterday someone said something about the "privacy issue" and
research...Being a researcher myself I think I can comment on
this..... It is very frustrating to recruit subjects when you are
trying to do research. The medical community usually does not play the
game of doing research. In my situation (Tallahassee, FL) I have a
list of 75 persons who have PD and who belong to a PD support group.
To recruit these persons for research I have to write each person a
letter asking them if they are intersted in being a subject in a study
I am doing. Contacting them on the phone would be "unethical". So I
have to write them all a letter before I can talk to the ones who are
interested over the phone. Well, from 75 persons about 15 respond. But
I nee more to do my research study...So I put an ad in the paper and
do a video on local PBS and get an editorial put into the Tallahassee
Democrat and now I have the 20+ subjects that I need for my study.

Needless to say, it is very difficult to get people invlved with
research and also "protect" their confidentiality. I believe that one
way we, those with PD, can help out with a cure for PD is by being
involved with research.

Mark