Thanks, Roberta.  I was trying to keep it a secret, but Roberta was
there -- her husband received an honorary degree from St. Thomas and
gave the (excellent) commencement address (congratulations are at
least as much due to the illustrious Lee family . . . ).

I should say that the part of this that was really gratifying was
being nominated by Thom Parkhill and John McKendy, with whom I've
been team-teaching in our new alternative first-year program all
year.  You can fool committees fairly easily, but it's much harder
to fool the people you're out at the chalkface with.  I musta done
_something_ right . . . now if they'll only tell me what it was.

And thanks for all the congratulations messages, on & off line.

Speaking of which -- Phyllis, and anybody else: you can get a list of
all the subscribers to CASLL (with email addresses) by sending this
one line message to [log in to unmask]:

review casll

                                        -- Russ

> Can somebody please remind me how I can send a message to Russ or
> anyone else on our list without all the rest of you getting it?  I
> mean, I know we are all one happy family, but even families
> sometimes like a bit of privacy. Do I have to go hunt through my
> list to find a message he sent, or can I extract his address
> somehow without doing that?  Phyllis Artiss

No gratuitous puns, please . . .

                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_   Learning and Teaching
Department of English      )_ __)_|_)__ __)     Development Office
St. Thomas University        |  )____) |   EMAIL:[log in to unmask]
Fredericton, New Brunswick___|____|____|____/  FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          \                / PHONE: (506) 452-0644