I would really appreciate any comments related to knee replacement
or similar surgery.  My Father has PD.  He had a knee replaced one
month ago, with two major negative consequences:

        1) his leg's tremors and involuntary movements have caused
           the replacement to "unhinge" twice already, requiring
           additional surgery.  Now the doctor is considering
           replacing the new knee replacement with a different
           model, which only bends to 90 degrees.  Of course this
           means again, surgery and all that it implies.

        2) after two surgeries under general anesthesia, he
           experienced extreme disorientation for about two
           weeks.  Has anyone had similar experiences?

My Mother cares for him, and she shows some of the symptoms
mentioned by Alan Bonander in a previous message.  I can not
help very much, because both my parents live in Guatemala.
But I can keep them updated with useful information that I
am gathering from this list.

With thanks for any experiences you can share with us,
Grete.