Grete
My Dad, no PD but 85, when he had  a hip replacement and a femoral artery(
the main artery in the leg) by-pass within a couple of weeks. After both of
these major surgeries it took him at least a week to recover a proper sense
of emotional balance. In conversation with his anesthesiologist, I got quite
a lecture on age- recovery rates. The substance was that it is quite common
for "older" people to be quite disoriented for several days following major
surgery. It would be interesting to me, a PD victim, to know whether there is
a special susceptability to post-anesthesia-related disorientation amongst
PDers.

[log in to unmask]< Don Hoesterey>