Hello everyone, I need help:

Neida is a 73 year old PD patient.  She has always been a head strong, go
getter kind of gal.  She has been diagnosed with PD for almost 3 years now,
though we are sure she has it for many.  She is in stage 4.  She tries to do
things she can't, and frequently falls or puts herself in danger because of
this.  This has been going on for years.  She pulled herself out of bed in
the middle of the night last week and had to have 6 stitches in the back of
her head because of the fall.  She has 24 hour sitter care to prevent this
but she will wait till they're asleep or out of the room and goes for it.
 She has even ordered Norditrack's twice, the first she realized she couldn't
swing her arms so she has now ordered another type model (she can't even walk
without support or a walker).

She has had a physical therapist, speech therapist, and others, but she is
not a willing pupil and they end up canceling therapy because she won't
cooperate.

She will try anything that won't work, and nothing that might help.

What is going on?  What can we do to help her?  We love her and would like to
do more for her, i.e., introduce new things to her that might make her
quality of life improve, but are hesitant to try because she will not
cooperate.

Any suggestions?  Please?

Thank you,

Louise Harrell