Steve and Claudia,

Count me in on your list of people with childhood illnesses.  At age three I
had a terrible case of eczema which covered my body with weeping sores and
caused my hair to fall out.  The only treatment at the time (1943) was to
take me off all food and add one at a time to see which ones produced an
allergic reaction.  Like your mom, Steve, mine claimed the whole family
thrived on my diet, and guess what its mainstay was?  Right, bananas!  Unlike
you, though, I couldn't stand to eat them for years, though lately I've gone
back to them.  If you're distributing a questionnaire, please send me one
too.

Pat Schark