Hi Jo Janet,

Welcome to the list.  My mother's situation is similar to what you
described, and knowing the kinds of things you are now dealing with, I can
sympathize.  This list has been a great help for information on
everything  dealing with PD.  I feel that I'm learning a foreign language
at times in reading about it.  I am a high school librarian in Boone, NC
and my research skills are being put to use in trying to understand how
we can help Mom.
It helps to familiarize yourself with the associated problems of PD from
the members of this list, and I find myself looking forward to checking
my mail for any news of new developments every day as well as reports
from patients and caregivers.
I would look for a local support group if I were you.  There isn't one in
the small town where I live.

I wish you and your family well.  You will probably manage better than
you think .

Melony Winkelmann