Hello!  My name is Jim Fox.  I'm 52 years old, and have had Parkinson's
Syndrome for ten years.    I am an electronics engineer, and I work at the
Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia.  My wife is a registered nurse and works
for the Visiting Nurse's Association of Northern Virginia.

I was extrermely pleased to find this group, because I believe that people
working together can make a huge contribution to eventually finding a cure
for this condition. (Note that I refrain from calling it a "disease" or
"illness"- we're NOT sick!  We simply have an abnormality.)

Aside from occasional bouts of stiffness (bradykinesia) and some cramping in
the legs and hands, I'm fairly asymptomatic. (As long as I remember to take
my medications on schedule.)  I believe that my daily exercise regimen
(fourteen flights of stairs twice daily, plus free -weight workouts for the
upper body), and maintaining a low-protein diet for breakfast and lunch
(with normal amounts of protein at dinner) are helpful in staving off the
progression as much as possible.

I'm eagerly awaiting E-mail each morning when I get to the office.  My
address is: [log in to unmask]  I don't usually have much free time during
working hours, so I may not be able to answer E-mail right away.

Barbara, thank you for maintaining the list.  Your letter of welcome was
most gracious.  It  must take a lot of work to keep up with a group as large
and active as this one.

                                   -Jim Fox    [log in to unmask]