Dear Friends,

      My mom was diagnosed with PD a year ago.  She is 76.  At first I felt
great relief learning that the cause of her symptoms was not going to lead
to immediate death, but rather was a "progressive" (odd word, that)
disease.

        Sadly for all of us, hers seems to be very rapidly
progressing.There are more serious challenges than I can list here.
However, something that is bothering her a great deal now, are small,
painful skin lesions that she refers to as "boils" (over the telephone).

        Because she has lost the use of her left hand due to extreme
weakness, dressing herself, and finding clothing that is easy to get on and
off, are  real challenges to my father and family.  They have asked me to
ask you if you have any suggestions.

        I have been faithfully downloading those postings that seem most
pertinent for the past month.  My mom and dad read them with great
interest.  I am deeply grateful for all who take the time to help others.