The medical world is finally waking up to the fact that RSL is a very
 serious sleep depriving condition and no laughing matter.  PD and RLS
together are devastating.  Although PD is a separate disease from RLS,
apparently the best treatment for RLS is Sinemet, Pergolide, or a combination
of both.

The April l995 issue of The NIGHT WALKERS Newsletter is requesting that
doctors treating RLS patients please contact Dr. Wayne Henning at the Lyons
NJ VA Medical Centre
 (908)647-0180 ext.4792 or 4709.  Dr. Henning has developed a questionnaire
to determine current practices in RLS therapy.  The results will be published
as a survey of current therapy in RLS.

Because I have PD and a severe form of RLS I have "met" a few sufferers of
the combination and will let everyone know what I find out.

I heard from a doctor friend who had recently attended a seminar, about a
speaker, Dr. Richard Millman, Director of the Sleep Disorders Centre at Rhode
Island Hospital, who showed some enthusiasm about a drug he  has  been using
for RLS.  Since aforementioned doctor friend wasn't interested is that talk
he forgot the name of the drug.  I've got a call in for Dr. Millman.  I'll
keep you apprised.

We deserve a break today.

Barbara Yacos, R.N.