I am a member of and contributor to this exchange, and have Parkinson's
disease.  I am posting this message via an "anonymous server" for reasons
that will be self-evident.  I have checked with Barbara Patterson and she had
no objection to this approach.

This is a sincere and serious posting about an important aspect of our
existence, an aspect which is impacted by PD, and an aspect (perhaps the only
one?) which has essentially not been discussed in this forum --- the effect
of PD on sexuality.

The fact that sexuality and sexual problems and dysfunctions resulting from
PD have not been discussed here is understandable.  What we post here is or
can be read by anyone in the world with a computer, a modem and access to the
Internet.  Most people (myself included), no matter how "enlightened" or
"progressive" or "modern" or "emancipated" we may think we are, are reluctant
to openly and honestly discuss their sexuality and PD-related sexual problems
before the whole world.  And who can blame them (us)?  This aspect of our
lives is very sensitive and personal.

And yet --- sex is an important part of life, and it definitely seems to be
affected by PD.  So why shouldn't we use the Exchange for this area of
PD-related problems in the same wonderful way that we do for other PD areas
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [log in to unmask]
If you reply to this message, your message WILL be *automatically* anonymized
and you are allocated an anon id. Read the help file to prevent this.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [log in to unmask]