     (continued from prior posting) So why shouldn't we use the Exchange for
this area of PD-related problems in the same wonderful way that we do for
other PD areas --- for exchange of information, for "moral support", for
ideas, advice and resources, for inspiration, for reassurance that we're not
alone in our difficulties.
     I propose that this be done, and that postings on sexuality be made in
one of several ways --
     (1) If you are so inclined, post in the normal manner, with your name
attached.
     (2) If you wish to post anonymously, you can use an "anonymous server",
which is a service available at no cost that  "anonymizes" your message
before sending it on to its ultimate destination.  Perhaps the best known
anonymous server is the one I have used, known as "anon.penet.fi".  This is
actually a computer set up by an individual in Europe which, once you have
been assigned a number, will automatically strip your name and address and
all other identifying information from your message, attach your anonymous
i.d., and send it to its destination.  Complete information on how to do
this, and how to get a number assigned and otherwise use this service can be
obtained by e-mailing to "[log in to unmask]", ignoring the "subject box" and
putting the word "help" in the body.  You will very shortly receive
instructions and directions.  I gather there are other anonymous servers out
there, but I'm not familiar with them.
     3)  Another, simpler option is that you can send a posting via normal
e-mail either  (a) to me at my anonymous address:  [log in to unmask]
          OR            (b)  to Barbara Patterson, who has graciously
volunteered her assistance, at her personal e-mail address ---
[log in to unmask],    Simply indicate in your message that you
would like to have the message posted anonymously to the Parkinson's
Information Exchange, and either Barbara or I will reprint your message on
the exchange with all identifying information removed, and we assure any who
wish to use this method that we will keep all names and addresses completely
confidential.
     It occurs to me that some people may find offensive or may otherwise not
wish to read postings which concern specific explicit sexual questions, advice
, problems and dysfunctions, even though they are directly related to PD.
 For their   benefit, I propose that we put the word "sexuality" as the first
(or only) word in the subject box, and if anyone is offended by that topic,
they can move on to the next posting.
     So ---- there you have it.  Feel free to post any thoughts or comments
or suggestions on this entire concept.  I will start the ball rolling later
with my own personal story, but my fingers have slowed almost  to the
non-functional level, so I think I'll go take a break (and my sinemet...).
  I hope you agree that this is a subject that we would benefit hearing more
about.     Sincerely,   [log in to unmask]
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [log in to unmask]
If you reply to this message, your message WILL be *automatically* anonymized
and you are allocated an anon id. Read the help file to prevent this.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [log in to unmask]