        My wife was diagnosed with Parkinsons 18 months ago.  From time to
time we have heard of experimental surigical procedures that have helped Pd
patients. However, on a long term basis the positve results seem to be
limited. Several days ago on a Boston radio station a news report revealed a
surgical procedure done in New York that burned a small hole the size of an
appleseed into the brain and apparently the results were encouraging.  My
wife presently is on Deprenyl ( not sure of the spelling). Has any new drug
or surgery become available recently to improve the lives of PD patients?
As a matter of interest, my wife was diagnosed at 50 years of age. THe
doctor indicated that she was young to have the disease, although he went on
to say he new of a girl who was 14 who had PD as well.  I would be
interested in hearing from anyone who has some information. THanks,  Bob