In article  [log in to unmask] writes:
>        My wife was diagnosed with Parkinsons 18 months ago.  From time to
>time we have heard of experimental surigical procedures that have helped Pd
>patients. However, on a long term basis the positve results seem to be
>limited. Several days ago on a Boston radio station a news report revealed a
>surgical procedure done in New York that burned a small hole the size of an
>appleseed into the brain and apparently the results were encouraging.  My
>wife presently is on Deprenyl ( not sure of the spelling). Has any new drug
>or surgery become available recently to improve the lives of PD patients?
>As a matter of interest, my wife was diagnosed at 50 years of age. THe
>doctor indicated that she was young to have the disease, although he went on
>to say he new of a girl who was 14 who had PD as well.  I would be
>interested in hearing from anyone who has some information. THanks,  Bob

The whole text of the Pallidotomy Follow-up Study was posted here 20 days ago
and may be retrieved in the following manner.

Send a message to:

In the Body of the message put the following, word for word, watching the
spacing.

//DBlook   JOB   Echo=No
Database Search DD=Rules
//Rules DD *
select * in parkinsn
print all 2739

Don't put anything else in the message, a machine reads it.

The study will show up in your mailbox in 30 minutes or less.

John Cottingham         NEW ADDRESS:          [log in to unmask]