Ron,

My best bet for controlling dystonia is medication.  The five baclafen are no
longer working, so the doctor has suggested taking one half of a sinemet CR
about 2  AM.  However, I've tried this and am still not "on" at 5 AM; hence,
when I get up the feet cramp.  I'll have to find the ideal time to take the
CR.

I think the reason the computer helps is my mind is engaged on something
other than my painful feet.  This in itself seems to relax them and me.  The
sooner the first dose of sinemet kicks in, of course, the sooner I can get
rid of the cramps.  "Standing on my shoulders" is just the yoga position
called the candle.  I sit on the floor and rock a few times, then roll
backwards with my feet straight up in the air and my hands and arms
supporting my back.  This is best done after I've taken a shower and been up
and moving for 15 minutes or so.  I theorize that by then the medication is
far enough along in my system that it can be sent to the brain.  The faster
my metabolism gets going, the sooner I can get relief.  I often count the
minutes until 5 AM.  Hope this helps.

Pat