Dear Summerwind:  I'm not shy or embarrassed about any part or function of
the human body and I suspect that not many of us with PD are.  There is no
question that PD changes our sexuality and should be discussed as easily as
we do our bowel and bladder problems or swallowing and drooling concerns.  It
is just a matter of turning on the subject and hoeing forth.  To help us open
up on the sex subject I would suggest we read the book Sex, Love and Chronic
Illness.  Lucille Carlton is the author.  Mrs. Carlton also  writes a column
for the National Parkinson Foundation newsletter entitled Straight From the
Heart.  This column addresses personal issues, sexual problems and attitudes
of Parkinson partners.

Barbara Yacos, R.N.