I am concerned about the amount of sinemet I need to give relief of symptoms of
P.D. What do others think.

I choose to have as little medication as possible and as few mixtures of
tablets to be able to function reasonably. I ve had P.D. 8 years and RLS (I
call it restless everything). I began eldepryl 4yrs ago, sinemet 18 months ago
with 1 CR at night.

Now I am needing sinemet 3/4 hourly, some CR, and some 25/100. Even at night I
wake 4 hourly and get no sleep if I go without. This means about 250/1000
carbidopa/levodpa per day.

Dr has just recently given me Prozac. 20 mg daily. No adverse reaction and no
improvement so far. Can t get Permax here (New Zealand).

Reading about free radicals and the fact that only 10-20% of the medication
reaches or is used by the brain. Makes me want to find a more efficient way of
getting dopamine or coping with P.D.

Pam Barnett.

Kim Barnett <[log in to unmask]>