25 years ago an elderly Dutch gentleman was diagnosed P.D. by Dr and
Neurologist, and given sinemet one or two 25/100. His wife is a naturopath or
similar and she told me this is the diet they have followed - according to the
book "Diet for a small Planet" Frances Moore Lappi. A book on natural food,
cooking and eating - high protein meatless diet of all fruit and veges and
sugar free. In addition to this he takes daily Vitamin C - 4000mg, Vitamin E
-200mg and 50mg Zinc Oratate, all anti oxidants. When this man went to Dr
recently for check up the Dr said there must have been a mistake, as he found
no sign of P.D., and stopped medication. Very soon it became evident he had
P.D. alright & the Dr was amazed.

I personally checked this out a few years ago by a telephone conversation with
his wife. I thought to follow same diet, but could not keep up the high
quantity of VC & E, various reasons and didn t have the energy and self
discipline to continue our family cooking and special meals for myself, so
ended up modifying mine to include lots of home grown veges and fruit. Another
book they recommended was "Recipes for a small planet" - Ellen Buchanan Ewald.
Anyone with experience or research along these lines? Comments please. For more
info, I have the address and telephone number of the couple.

Pam Barnett.

Kim Barnett <[log in to unmask]>