Pat,  thank you for elaborating 'standing on shoulders'.  I used to do that
.. and usually add what we called bicycling - which was pretending one was
pedaling.  Relating this brought to mind one of my early life experiences;
my brother and I had re-worked the bicycle we had gained access to after my
father no longer used it (gasoline shortage of WW2), and I made the test
ride.  Somehow, I lost control avoiding something and ended up upside down
in the roadside ditch - still on the heavy bike - suspended by bushes such
that I never touched the ground.  I recall being delighted at not being
injured, but then bothered by my brother's concern being for the condition
of the bike rather than me.
You did not elaborate (as I did not previously) the whole story of taking
medicine during the night.  I consider this important, so will rectify my
neglecting to complete the commentary.  l-dopa/carbidopa seems to need
'stomach time' and then transport to the duodenum.  This latter may be
lacking unless some bulk is ingested after the pill and liquid.  I often
use a prune at least.  My experience with Sinemet CR is miniscule, but it
may also need the transport beyond the stomach to get to the loci where
LNAAs are sought by the blood stream.
All-bran and a prune seem optimal in my experience - taken ten minutes
later if not inconvenient.
Any corroboration of these conjectures from 'lurkers' or disagreement
arguments and data that contradicts are invited - preferably to the list,
but to me only if you choose.  Best wishes,

Ron  <[log in to unmask]> Ronald F. Vetter