Dear friends,

I'm the daughter of a parkinsonian. My father is 60 and discovered his PD eight
years ago.

My father hate computers (he hate everything is electronic, too :-)), so I will
write in this mailing list for him too.

My father, Alfredo Muccinelli, is a doctor, a dermatologist. Now is retired.
His PD is not very serious because in about 8 years of terapy he is still at a
very very low posology of L-DOPA.
But my father is completely humbled: he has no reaction, no interests, not at
all. He live only for PD, reading and studying any kind of publication about PD;
he has no trust in any neurologist (he has changed 6 doctors in 8 years!), he
wants (also if he don't admit it) take care of himself. This would be positive,
but... he is not a neurologist, and he stay *always* bad: he is afraid of side
effects, and so if the doctor say him "take 2 pills", he takes only an half
pill, and if he don't feel well says: "oh, this therapy is too hard" and takes a
quarter.

I'm the only daugher, we have no relatives that can help us; my parents has no
friends, nothing to do outside their home. My father refuses to go outside (also
only for a day) because he is afraid of having problems and don't want being
seen by other people.

I spent many years trying to help my father, but now, sincerely, I don't know
what else I can do.
I'm very happy of founding this mailing list, so I can talk with other person
who have same problems of mine and my family. I'm sure it would be great! :-)

I apologize for my bad english; I hope that what I wrote is clear

bye
Alessandra Muccinelli