Last year Alan Bonander did an excelent job of reporting about and
from the PAN Public Policy Forum held in Washington DC.

This year he's not attending, and, since no one else has posted
the current Forum agenda, here goes......
FROM MAY 4 PAN LETTER TO ALL FORUM PARTICIPANTS:

1. AGENDA: ... Since much of the exact scheduling happens very close
   to the date of the event, there will be more details and changes
   prior to the forum. We guarantee that the agenda will be packed with
   productive and stimulating activity. ...

2. HOST COMMITTEE: The National Capitol Chapter of the APDA and the
   Young Parkinson's Support NEtwork of Northern Virginia have
   combined forces as the Host Committee for the Forum. ...

   Registration will be in room SC-5 of the U.S. Capitol.
   Most participants will stay at the nearby Hotel Washington.
                       Invisible No More II
                       D.C. Public Policy Forum

                      1995 AGENDA
                       ===========
--------------------
Monday, May 15
--------------------
8:30              Registration and continental breakfast

Morning Session
9:00 - 12:00      Welcome, introduction to the Forum
                  Introduction of participants
                  - Joan I. Samuelson, Esq., President, PAN

                  Welcoming address
                  - Member of Congress (to be announced)
                  Questions

                  The Morris K. Udall Reaserch & Education Act --
                  status and strategy in the current Congressional climate
                  - Suzanne C. Hildick, Legislative Director to
                    Senator Mark O. Hatfield

                  Appropriations 1995 -- how federal research funding works;
                  the role of the Parkinson's community in the process
                  - Key Congressional Staff (to be announced)

12:00 - 1:30      Lucheon Address
                  The need for Parkinson's Community Advocacy in
                  the Government and the Media
                  - Morton Kondracke, Editor, Roll Call; T.V. panelist,
                    "The McLaughlin Group," and the winner of the 1994
                    Washington Post "Crystal Ball Award"

Afternoon Session
1:30 - 4:30       Remarks from member of Congress

                  Review of breifing materials and 1995 action agenda
                  Questions
                  - Joan Samuelson

                  Advocay training I

Evening           Free time. Informal social and networking options
                  to be coordinated by Host Committee (Linda Hendricks,
                  Sue Carter, and Rusty Glazer)

------------------------
Tuesday, May 16
------------------------
Morning Session
9:00 - 12:00      Announcement, questions

                  The Clinton Administration and its impact on the
                  Parkinson's community agenda
                  - Cindy Lebow, Senior Policy Counsel, Department
                    of Justice, Civil Division
                  - Robert K. Neuman, President, Neuman & Company
                  Questions

                  The Food and Drug Administration and other agencies;
                  how the PD community can speed a breakthrough

                  Research breakthrough potential for Parkinson's:
                  research at the National Institutes of Health and
                  in the private sector

                  Advocay training II

12:30 - 1:30      Luncheon Address
                  - Honorable Mark O. Hatfield, U.S. Senator (R-OR)

2:15 - 2:45       Tour of the Capitol

2:00 - 5:00       Participant meetings with Members of Congress

Evening           Free time. Informal social and networking to
                  coordinated by the Host Committee.

----------------------
Wednesday, May 17
----------------------
8:00              Optional White House Tour

Morning Session
9:30 - 12:00      Continental Breakfast
                  Questions and debriefing on Hill visits

                  1995 Parkinson's community strategy --
                  overview and questions
                  - Joan Samuelson

                  Project Link -- the entire Parkinson's Community
                  working in coalition
                  - Staff and Foundation representatives (to be announced)
                  Brainstorming and work assignments
                  Internet group briefing and meeting

12:00             Adjournment

Evening           Morris K. Udall Awards dinner

I am not a Parkinsonian, but I do care for an aunt who has
PSP, a PD+ disease. Since I am the most able-bodied of our
140 family Sun City, Arizona (a retirement community), PD
support group, I am being sponsored as their advocay delegate
and representative to the forum. We all feel that the next
generation could greatly benefit from PD advocacy today.
PAN is also helping sponsor my trip.

I hope that participants or PAN staff will continue to update
PARKINSN listserv members during and after the Forum as Bonander
did last year.

 |       @..@        A.J. CONOVALOFF                                 |
 |      (----)       PSP Support Groups of ARIZONA         __o       |