John Cottingham

Thanks for your help in getting the printout of the 18 patients undergoing
pallidotomy.

Sadly 18 is absolutely nothing when we read about  the 500 done buy others.
 Where are the results from that lot?  Perhaps not available - but why not?

I read that Iacono, who has done the 500, does both sides at the same time.
  But we cannot get his results.  Laitinen, who was doing pallidotomies long
before Iacono, says that he used to do bilateral surgery, but it seems that
he has given this up and now does only one side at a time and his
complications have fallen since then.  Do you know anything about this?  I
have spoken to patients who were operated on by Laitinen and who have been
back to have the other side done who think that EVERY PD patient should have
this surgery done!!!

One of my textbooks said that "The day you stop learning is the day you
should retire".  I am retired but still trying to learn with the hope that I
might be able to help others if only in a very small way.

Many thanks for your sharing your knowledge.

John Park