Thanks Alan for the info on the young onset pd handbook!  I'm glad to see that
the rest of us who also have pd are becoming more and more "officially"
recognized.  Altho' we all share a common affliction, those of different ages
and life situations are going to have different fundamental concerns and all
of them are equally important to helping us individually, and to understanding
this whole disease in its many forms.  Wendy T.

*******************

My father told me end of last week, that in the lastest issue of Science News
(a weekly newsmagazine summarizing articles from  many sources), there was an
article about an autopsy done on the first person to die after having
previously had the fetal transplant surgery.  His cause of death was unrelated
to the PD or the surgery, it was something else entirely.  The autopsy showed
that the fetal cells were not only thriving (not being destroyed by the pd),
but they were even growing and/or making new connections and producing
dopamine.  Something like that.  I also get this magazine, but it's late due
its being forwarded, so I haven't actually seen the exact details myself.  I
will relay them when I receive my copy, or if someone else also gets this
magazine, please feel free.
Wendy Tebaay