The logis behind taking 5 mg with breakfast & lunch rather than with the
evening meal is to avoid the insomnia some say comes with taking it late in
the day.
I take Eldepryl and am somewhat confused myself since this MAO-B inhibitor
has a very long half life in the body.... The manufacturer is reported to be
planning a slow release version with the laser holed system used by
Procardia-XL .  From what I know as a reader and a user, I see no need for
the long life slow release version - except to establish product
differentiation to extend patent life.
  Will Johnston in Salisbuury, MD.