Ronald,

I am not a health professional, just a fellow patient, but I've experienced
much the same morning start up problems as you.  The distonia is especially
annoying, and it was helped for a while by my taking five 10 mgs of baclafen
when I wake up between 1 and 2 AM This is no longer working most days, so I'm
feeling the need to increase the dosage.

My doctor also prescribed  1/2 a sinemet CR at bedtime, and this has had a
beneficial effect and helps me sleep a bit better (though
with more dreams, I admit.)

I find it difficult to stay in bed until 5 AM, though I sometimes take a
"nibble" of a 10/100 sinemet in the wee hours.  I try to avoid too much
medication also, but find myself practically jumping out of my skin waiting
for 5 AM.  If I stay in bed or sit in a recliner, the medicine takes the
better part of an hour to kick in, but if I get up, drink a large glass of
water, take a shower, move around, and exercise (standing on my shoulders is
especially helpful), I can move things along in about 20 minutes.  On days
when I'm not working, I like to use the computer, because that is one thing I
do better when I'm "off."  (Another is going to the bathroom!)  It might help
you to try a similar regimen, at least when you want your meds to kick in
sooner.

Hope this helps.

Pat Schark