Hi and thank you to all who responded directly to me when I joined the list.
I am amazed at the amount of activity here.  I'm printing many of the
postings to send to my mom.  I'm glad to see comments on learning to take
charge of ones's own care and not relying on the doctors.  My mother was
told not to eat hardly any protein & as a result had severe muscle wasting
within 6 months in her upper body. She walks all the time so her legs weren't
too bad.  I got her to go to a gym and she now does upper body workouts every
day and they seem to be helping.  The dr. never mentioned to her what the lack
of protein can do.  Her drs.seem to know nothing about nutrition.  I would
like to know if there's anyone on the list in Lincoln, Nebraska, where my
parents live & if there's a support group there.  She doesn't seem tho think
there is one.  Also--one more thing--I tried to email to a couple of people
 withAOL addresses and my messages were returned each time as Host Unknown.
 Maybe
I am blocked from my end for some reason.  One of those was someone with info
about PD Walkathons, one of which is to be in Lincoln next 15 Oct.  I would
like more info--maybe I can be there to participate.  Thanks again.  I hope
this message gets through.  I sent it yesterday & it was returned to me this
a.m. from some computer in Texas!  Jo Janet Dean, [log in to unmask]