KarelMiles is feeling great today.   Dr. David Roberts of Dartmouth/Hitchcock
Medical Centre did his thalamotomy at 10 a.m. and it took care of the severe
generalized tremor which handicapped Richard so much.  I visited him a few
hours post-op and he looked like a happy man.  He said the reason  he hasn't
put messages here lately is because he could not hold steady enough to type.

  Richard and his wife stayed at a local motel last night and had dinner at
one of our super Chinese restaurants.  He was admitted to hospital early
today and had a CATscan at 8 a.m., a MRI at 9 a.m., a unilateral thalamotomy
at l0 a.m.  He will probably be discharged tomorrow if all continues to go
well.  You will hear from him directly when he gets home.

Richard and I share a common malady -restless leg syndrome.  I wonder if
thalamotomy or pallidotomy helps RLS?  Anybody have experience with this?
 I'll check with Richard later.

Barbara Yacos, R.N.