> In article  [log in to unmask] writes:
> >If I find a way or someone comes forward or a research group wants me to
> >enter a test I'll let all know.  In the meantime if anyone reads or hears
> >anything please let me know......granny pothead.
>
> >Barbara Yacos, R.N.
>
> Granny, ask the grandkids to find you some seeds. They know who
> has'em. Then put some nice bushes in your flower bed.<g>
>
> Hemp used to be a legal cash crop during one of the World Wars. Made good rope
> for the Navy.
>

> John Cottingham         NEW ADDRESS:          [log in to unmask]

Dear John,

        Please tell me that you're kidding!!  What a lovely way to get
granny arrested for growing a controlled substance.  And no--the police
will not understand.  Better that granny enter a trial program.

        At any rate, I don't understand why people are jumping on this
bandwagon.  Any substance that alters neuological function is going to
alter the ability of Parkinsons folks to move well.  My husband has YOP,
and we have learned to very carefully avoid tranquilizers of any kind.
He is even having trouble taking Lopressor (an anti-hypertensive drug)
right now because of it's cerebral-function side effects.

        It is far better to stick to medications that have a single, well
known neurological action, as opposed to taking a substance that has
multiple neurological actions such as Pot.  Which substance in Pot
affects Parkinsons (positively or negatively)?  Until that is known, in
my mind, this stuff can only be bad.
------
Mary Ann Ryan RN BSN