I have been a subscriber to this list for a couple of months and am very
impressed with the amount and diversity of information that is passed along.
 I have a question regarding insurance.

For some background, my father-in-law is 64 years old and was diagnosed with
Parkinsons 3 years ago.  Along with this, in the past 8 years he has been
diagnosed with diabetes, had his spleen removed, had two knee replacements
(same knee), had two back surgeries and who knows what else.  He
understandably is very frustrated with his lack of mobility, which he now
attributes to Parkinsons as he has recovered from all of his other surgeries.

He is now covered by P.E.R.S. and will be eligible for Medicare next year.
 Does anyone know whether hospitals that perform pallidotomies (he's mostly
interested in Stanford and Loma Linda) accept these two types of insurance?

I'd be greatful for any information.

Becky Goularte