I am going to see my neurologist in a months time and having recently joined the
list, I am planning to astonish him with my newly acquired knowledge !He will
probably throw me out of his consulting room but not before I have had full
value for my 100 buck chat which last time was "How,s your father", the vagaries
of the weather, the World Cup and "By the way how are you? "Hi Bill, I hope you
are not wired up and there lurking otherwise you might cancel my appointment and
don't want to motor 75 miles to your nearest competitor."
Maybe I should go anonymous although I am not intend to take part in
"Summerwind" type exchanges unless improved medication stokes up my libido.

Having studied drug therapy with more interest I am now confused about my own
prescriptions.I have had diagnosed PD for three years and have been on
Selegiline for the past two years at two 5mg tablets a day.As I am self employed
I can pace myself but need to be pretty active. I have however been getting
slower and was told before Christmas that at my discretion  I could go on to
Sinemet at three tablets a day of 10/100.and keeping on with the Selegelin
because of it's alleged neuroprotective properties.The Sinemet did not seem to
make any really worthwhile improvement and so after a time I gave it up as I
felt posponing the future side effects  was a good thing and if I could be a
little more relaxed the need for medication would be reduced.Now although I am
having some success on the relaxation front, I think the time is coming when I
will have to take medication more seriouslsy and plan to discuss this with old
Bill when I see him next month.

I am well under 70 and from PD literature and letters on this list it would seem
that the minimum amount of Cardidopa needed to make the Levadopa effective is
75mg per day and at three tablets of 10/100 I would appear to only be getting
30mg per day. Furthemore  I read in Dr Iacono's recent address on AOL last
Friday that hesaid don't have milk or milk products with Sinemet as they block
the action.With these two points in mind it does not seem surprising that I have
not had any help from Sinemet? unless I am one of those who is Sinemet
resistant.

Any comments would be highly appreciated.

David Langridge