I am a 55 year old male who was diagnosed with PD in 2/92 after first
developing a right arm tremor in 1/91.  The diagnoses was confirmed by the
neurology department at the Mayo Clinic, were I now treat.  I just returned
from my third visit to the Mayo 5/22/95.  My condition remains static without
any change since 4/94.  I medicate with Sinemet CR (l & l/2), Permax (.25 mg)
and Eldepryl (5mg) at 0600hrs on an empty stomach one hour pre and post.
 Repeat at 1300hrs.  This  seems to serve me well since 4/94.  I am a
practicing trial attorney in Kalamazoo Michigan and so far PD has not
interfered with my vocation.  I try to keep a positive attitude about the
future and focus my attention on living my life one day at a time.  I should
also advise you I am a recovering alcoholic as of 8/17/90.  I often wonder if
my abuse of alcohol had some part to play in the PD process.  If anyone has
any information on this supposition I would welcome a response.

James D. Ryan ([log in to unmask])