Do you think your father might be able to use a track ball?  I have an
Expert Mouse (Kensington), and use it with my fingertips at a level just
above my keyboard.  It works for me.  I'm not the PD sufferer in our
household, but make the suggestion anyway, since my husband is not very
interested in computers, even though I've told him about the marvelous
information and exchanges going on here.  Hope I can get him to be so one of
these days.

k.

>I would like to buy my father Bill a computer for his upcoming birthday and
>wonder if anyone has specific suggestions as to hardware which might best
>work for a person with PD. I will get him a DOS machine so that I can provide
>some minimal "on phone line" support for him.
>
>He has tried my mouse (attached to a laptop...you have to use your thumb to
>move the trackball) and seems to have difficulty with it. I suppose a regular
>mouse might work better. Any suggestions? Thank you!
>
>Stacey Grossman [log in to unmask]

Mrs. Karin M. Beros, MSO                     [log in to unmask]
International and Area Studies               voice:  (510) 642-8542
Office of the Dean, 260 Stephens Hall        fax:    (510) 642-9466
Mail Code 2300