Hello,

My first posting so I apologise if I transgress any rules/conventions.

I'm do not have Parkinsons but my father-in-law does. I'm contributing to this
forum on his behalf, and as such attempting to represent his views as best I
can.

While I'm sure will be interested in all the information  particular issues
that he will be interested in will be diet and  coping with medication .Also
sufferers in his Geographic area, South West France.

My father-in-law is a UK citizen , living in France. He was mis-diagnosed as
having had a stroke in the UK, and was prescribed drugs accordingly.

About 18 months later he was correctly diagnosed by his French doctor, as a
consequence of a brain-scan, having moved to France in the meantime.

He was  re-prescribed and has been treated under the French health service
ever since.  He has a lot of input on the French approach to treatment, with
which has been very impressed.  Moving between health services is now much
easier within the EEC, his UK National Insurance contributions are valid
against his French treatment.

Regards
Jonathan Ives
Jonathan Ives                        Internet : [log in to unmask]