---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 09:20:04 -0500
From: Charles Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
To: Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Welcome

I am a 50 year old physician (psychiatrist) from Madison WI. with the
diagnosis of PD when I was 44.  I currently am still practicing although I
am beginning to reduce my workload.  I would be interested in communicating
with other physicians as to their special problems being on both ends of the
patient MD relationship. I treat a number of PD patients for psychiartric
issues related to their illness.

In addition, I am interested in other's experience with entacapone and other
COMT inhibiters.  I have been a subject in a study and have had generally
good results in decreasing the frequency and duration of my off times but
with the trade-off of increased dyskinesia.

The interference of protein in the effectiveness of L-DOPA   has been a
problem for me and I would like to hear about other's experiences with that.

I will be traveling to Europe in about 6 weeks and would like to hear how
others have coped with the time change.

We have an extremely active PD support group in Madison and I  hope this
INTERNET support group can help link us to other groups around the world.  I
am excited to have the opportunity to participate.

This reply is to you Barb,  but may be posted if appropriate.

Charles T. Meyer, MD  [log in to unmask]
MADISON, WI.